DR. SHIKHA GAUR
POSITION : ASST. PROFESSOR, Head of Department
• Ph. D. from Department of Applied Mathematics, Indian Institute of technology, Banaras Hindu University. Research topic is “Numerical Solution of Advection- Dispersion Equation Using Wavelets” November 2012.
• M. Sc.(Mathematics) from BHU
• B.Sc.(Mathematics) from BHU
• Worked as JRF in a project of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre for three year
• Overall 5 years of experience in teaching field
• Worked as a visiting faculty at BHU(MMV),Varanasi
• Worked as an Assistant Professor at Sterling College of Commerce ,Navi Mumbai
• Worked as a visiting Assistant Professor at SIES,College,Mumbai
• Worked as a visiting Assistant Professor at Sterling College of Pharmacy, Navi Mumbai
TEACHING SPECIALTY/ AREAS OF INTEREST IN THE COLLEGE:
• Head of Department of Mathematics in the KLE College
• Mentoring the 30 students in the college.
• Guided Students for Avishkar –Research Convention Competition.
• Guided students for a project in for Summer Research Camp and has been selected by Mumbai University
• A Minor Research Project sanctioned by University of Mumbai entitled “Convergence Analysis of Wavelet Based Methods”(2016-17)
Conferences and Workshop Attended.
• A workshop cum short term course on “Computational Thermal and Fluid Sciences & Its Engineering Applications”, conducted at Institute of Technology, BHU(2009).
• Winter School on Statistical Estimation and Modeling: Topics on Least Square Methods & Ill-Conditioned Inverse problems in Imaging, Natural Language Processing & Information Retrieval, and Speech Processing”, organized by the DST-Center of Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences (DST-CIMS)(BHU), (2011).
• A workshop on “Women’s Adventure and Challenging attitude”, conducted by Sterling College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Nerul, Navi-Mumbai(2012).
• National conference on “Innova-201 New Horizon in Business and Management”, presented paper entitled as “Business management using wavelet based scheme” 21-22 Feb 2014.
• A Workshop on Preparatory for Avishkar Research Convention by Mumbai University at CKT College of Science and Commerce on 9th August 2016.